WordStream, Inc. just released its updated AdWords Performance Grader, a touted free tool that provides users with a comprehensive report on the effectiveness of their Google AdWords PPC account.
This latest update includes sections which grade mobile-specific ads and Expanded Text Ads while also discussing overall best practices and offering tips for improvement.
At this point, the free tool “has been run over 1 million times, analyzing over $9 billion in unique ad spend,” reads a news release issued this week. “WordStream boasts the largest source of AdWords data outside of Google itself, and this data is leveraged to provide valuable and prescriptive account analysis for businesses with active PPC accounts.”
Because Google has made it clear that AdWords is moving into mobile-first territory, WordStream — a provider of online marketing software and services — has focused its Grader updates on mobile and Expanded Text Ad data and insights.
Five sections in WordStream’s AdWords Performance Grader have been updated and optimized, including:
- Mobile Advertising: This section, which has been completely revamped and is available exclusively to WordStream customers, analyzes mobile advertising costs compared to desktop and industry benchmarks.
- Expanded Text Ads: A completely new section to help advertisers transition from standard text ads to the expanded versions. Google will phase out the old text ad formats entirely in early 2017, so it’s imperative that businesses act now.
- Click-Through Rate: CTR analysis is now separated by desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Text Ad Optimization: Each account’s best and worst ads are now segmented by desktop and mobile performance.
- Best Practices: The Grader now checks to see if mobile bid modifiers are being used in any of the account’s ad groups.
“With a smaller screen, different ad formats, voice search, and other variables at play, it’s much easier to fail on mobile. These new features make the AdWords Performance Grader even more valuable as a source of free competitive intelligence, especially for small and medium-sized businesses who are learning how to win in search marketing,” notes the release.
And WordStream is celebrating a one million milestone with its award-winning tool.
“We’re thrilled that so many businesses have already used the Grader to get help with their accounts. One million is an amazing milestone!” said Larry Kim, founder of WordStream. “However, the AdWords landscape is changing all the time, so our tools are evolving too. It’s crucial for advertisers to check and re-check their accounts when there’s a huge announcement like Expanded Text Ads. Everyone needs to find out where they stand and what they need to do to take advantage of the opportunity before it’s too late.”