Who is Most Likely to Scan a QR Code?

Who is Most Likely to Scan a QR CodeAccording to the findings of a new study published by comScore MobiLens and the Mobile Marketing Association, young males in the United Kingdom are the individuals most likely to scan QR codes.

The entire millennial generation has been pegged as target demographic for QR codes if you’re a marketer looking to get the most bang for your buck.

Although some industry analysts have become concerned that QR codes are not the novelty they once were, the study reveals that a good portion of the population is still enamored of QR codes and willing to scan and use them when appropriate.

Among the three million British mobile users who have scanned QR codes, almost two thirds (63%) were men, with women making up the other 37%.

25 to 34-year-olds claimed the number one spot among most likely QR code scanners with 18 to 24-year-olds coming in second. Those deemed least likely to scan a QR code are 45 to 54-year-olds.

Promisingly, the study also found that among consumers, there seems to be a good working knowledge of QR codes, how they work, and what value they provide.