The folks at Twitter turned to their very own social media platform to share the latest milestones logged by the microblogging juggernaut.
Twitter’s promotional team has unleashed a veritable barrage of tweets exclusively detailing some of the biggest accomplishments experienced at Twitter during the first quarter of 2011.
Among the interesting – and impressive tidbits shared:
- Big Q1 for Twitter… 41% increase in Tweets per day. 38% increase in Tweets per day in US.
- There was a 52% increase in monthly Twitter account signups from December to March — with 57% increase in the US.
- Mobile growth on Twitter was big. There was a 50% increase in monthly unique mobile signups.
- Q1 increase in Twitter app monthly users – 104% Android, 72% iPad, 55% iPhone, 51% Blackberry
- Twitter is now at 155 million Tweets per day, up from 55 million at this time last year.
“I think we should expect continuous acceleration for years to come,” says social media guru and GetGlue founder Alex Iskold. “We are, as a society, continuing to create staggering amounts of information and Twitter is a perfect information routing bus.”