Calling it a day “you’ll never forget,” the entire front page of the Apple webpage is devoted to a major announcement regarding iTunes on Tuesday morning.
The “exciting announcement” is scheduled for 7 a.m. Pacific, 10 a.m. Eastern.
So what’s all the fuss about?
Rumors have lit up the blogosphere with reports of tomorrow finally being the day when Apple ushers in the era of cloud-based, streaming services.
For many rabid music fans and iTunes lovers, any announcement that doesn’t involve the services of Lala (the streaming music service acquired by Apple nearly a year ago) will make Tuesday “just another day” after all.
According to the rumor mill perpetuated by ZDNet’s blog network, here are the leading contenders for announcement by Apple tomorrow:
- TV rental model additions to iTunes.
- Cloud storage of music and video to be added to any device.
- The game plan for that North Carolina data center will be revealed.
- iTunes bundling deals with TV makers.
- Streaming music—after all, the Apple announcement will be “streamed.”
- Something global in scale. Note the time zones highlighted.