This week, users of Square Register are exploring the new features that came along with the update just released by the mobile payments giant.
The new features, we’re told, simplify the payment process for retail businesses by speeding up the checkout experience, chiefly in restaurant and dining environments. On the iPad, restaurants are now given the option to customize orders for customers as well as adding the ability to add their names to the order.
Here’s what Square says of its latest update in full:
New on iPhone:
- Item library: Add items to a sale with a tap. Build your item library to simplify and speed up checkout. Customize items with photos, names, and prices.
- Smarter payment pad: Add multiple custom amounts to a sale, add notes to each amount, and view or edit all amounts in one place before charging.
- Custom Tipping: Allow customers to enter custom tip amounts.
- New look: Ring up customers and edit settings more easily than ever with an all-new design.
New on iPad:
- Easy order modifiers: Customize orders at the counter and send them to your kitchen while your line keeps moving.
- Customizable kitchen tickets: Include a custom name or number on each kitchen ticket.
- Barcode scanning: Sync your Bluetooth barcode scanner with Square Register to speed up your checkout.
- The app can be downloaded for free from the App Store for those of you who are interested.
To learn more, click here.