To help their customers contact family, friends and emergency personnel in the storm-ravaged Philippines, Sprint is waiving and crediting fees for calls and text messages made by Sprint customers from the U.S. to the Philippines – retroactive from Friday, Nov. 8 and continuing through Saturday, Dec. 7.
Sprint says it will continue to do its part to help keep family and friends connected in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan’s deadly destruction.
Additionally, during this time, Sprint, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA text messages sent to and from the following disaster-relief short codes and mobile-donation campaigns will not be charged standard text-messaging fees:
- Text AID to 50555 to donate $10 to Operation USA
- Text AID to 80077 to donate $10 to HOPE Worldwide
- Text AID to 27722 to donate $10 to World Food Program USA
- Text AID to 80108 to donate $10 to Foundation Philippines Typhoon Relief Fund
- Text HOPE to 777444 to donate $10 on behalf of World Vision
- Text RELIEF to 864233 to donate $10 on behalf of UNICEF
- Text RELIEF to 25383 to donate $10 to Catholic Relief Services
“It is Sprint’s hope that this support to our customers and the American Red Cross significantly helps those who need it the most, and assists family, friends and emergency personnel affected by this devastating typhoon stay connected, safe and informed,” said Bill White, Sprint senior vice president-Corporate Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility.