What are shoppers this holiday season going to be looking for and how can marketers and retailers make sure they are fulfilling those needs and making sales?
These are not considerations to be taken lightly. And neither is the fact that most shoppers are going to be looking for a great deal. Of course, they also want a generally pleasant shopping experience, both in store and online.
Here are some of the most important things shoppers are going to be looking for (and pay attention! Black Friday is now just two weeks away):
- Early promotions. Shoppers want to see promotions starting NOW.
- In store information. While online search is gaining in popularity, most people still prefer to go out to a store and see what it has to offer in person, rather than simple researching a product online.
- In store and online integration. More than half of all holiday shoppers are going to visit a brick and mortar store just to try something on or hold it in their hands, and then go home and purchase that item online. Integrating this experience can boost your sales.
- Mobile optimization. If you don’t have a mobile website, you’re going to miss out on the youngest generation of buyers, who are most likely to use a smartphone or tablet to research purchases.
- Customer experience is important. People will pay more if they are treated better or the experience is more pleasing.
What are you doing to get your business ready for holiday shoppers?