Scanbuy, the mobile engagement solutions provider known for serving up hearty insights into the growth and progress of the QR code industry, has just released its quarterly trend report showing that it processed nearly 22 million mobile engagements in Q1 2014.
If you’re keeping score at home, that’s a 20% increase from Q1 2013. Scanbuy says this expansion demonstrates continued strong growth and interest among mobile consumers.
“Mobile triggers continue to help consumers make product choices, engage their favorite brands, receive more informative information, quickly download their favorite apps, and much more,” explains Mike Wehrs, CEO of Scanbuy. “With millions of mobile engagements completed each month, and with user activity distributed fairly evenly across age groups, and areas of interest, there’s no question consumers continue to value ScanLife for the quickest route to more information and the best deal.”
The top user type for both Android and iOS devices was “Value Shoppers,” demonstrating consumers most often scan to get information, reviews, prices, deals and more, making it apart of how they shop. The most “liked” QR Code category by users were app downloads, a category that is gaining momentum as consumers see the benefit of accessing apps marketed to them in contextual, real-world circumstances.
Other highlights from the Q1 2014 report include:
- The most popular type of content accessed in mobile engagement campaigns was product information, video, customer relationship management, app downloads and mCommerce
- 51% of scans came from Android OS devices compared to 46% on Apple iOS devices
- The most “liked” brands by the ScanLife community were Lego, Lucky Lotto, McDonalds, Novartis and Taco Bell
- Cities around the world that scanned the most frequently: Houston, Madrid, Barcelona, Dallas and New York City
- Industries that saw the most scans included food and beverage, consumer electronics, entertainment, media and wireless