With video ads emerging as the most effective and engaging ad units available in the entire mobile ad ecosystem today, it comes as no surprise that one of the top mobile ad companies in the world is working overtime to expand its video ad proficiency and capabilities.
On Wednesday, Millennial Media unveiled a comprehensive suite of new advertising products for marketers to harness the power of mobile video on smartphones and tablets.
For example, advertisers can now add customizable features to their video that let consumers engage with the content in ways not possible in any other medium.
“When you combine the rich storytelling of video with the interaction and engagement of mobile, the result is a powerful branding experience that really resonates with consumers,” explains Marcus Startzel, Chief Revenue Officer at Millennial Media. “We’ve heard from our key brand partners that there is a desire to go beyond simply repurposing video from other channels, so we built these new products so brands can strategically optimize their video content for mobile.
All told, MM’s new Video Advertising Solutions involve nine different products and are designed for advertisers in all industries. These include:
- Video SYNC – The first ad unit of its kind, advertisers can wrap rich media around the video player and sync different animations with specific moments of the video to highlight and identify key messaging moments. For example, a film trailer could play, and at the introduction of each new character, a rich media animation would appear highlighting the actor or actress.
- Video TOGGLE – Optimized for tablets, a large video is surrounded by three additional videos underneath, with the option to toggle which video is highlighted. The ad unit offers brands the ability to drive extended and additional viewing, and present multiple messaging and topic options.
- Video TICKER – This ad unit allows marketers to display dynamically updated, time-specific information, such as sports scores, movie times, or Twitter feeds, directly into their video ad.
To learn more about MM and what the mobile ad giant is up to in video, click here.
In this article
- Marketing Strategy
- Mobile Advertising
- Mobile Advertising Campaigns
- Mobile Devices
- Mobile Marketing
- Tablet Devices
- Millennial Media
- mobile ad-units
- mobile advertising oslutions
- mobile advertising services
- Mobile Devices
- mobile marketing mobile advertising
- Mobile Video Ads
- New Video Advertising Solutions
- video ads
- video ads effective
- what are video ads