iBeacons and geotargeting are becoming mainstream tools for marketers, according to a recent report from CMO.
A US-based team doing research on mobile marketing found that:
- 18% of mobile marketers are using Apple iBeacons, and this is expected to double in 2015.
- 49% of marketers said they would use device positioning to deliver content and 48.8% plan to add these capabilities to their mobile marketing arsenal over the next year.
Adobe research found that:
- 33% of average mobile users take advantage of mobile assisted in-store shopping.
- 9% have used mobile wallets in the past three months, and this rises to 22% for ‘mobile elite’ users.
- Bounce rates for referrals from social networks are higher on mobile devices (61%) than desktops (53%).
The Adobe Digital Index team looked into other mobile dynamics and trends including social channels. They found that:
- Pinterest is the most mobile social network and 64% of its referred traffic comes from either smartphones or tablet devices.
- Twitter is at 62% and Facebook at 41%.
- Tumblr produced the highest revenue per visit from mobile devices at $2.57 and Facebook was second at $1.85.