On Friday, MMW was briefed on what’s new with the GSMA, as the organization highlighted in a statement to media new developments for the 2018 GSMA Mobile World Congress Shanghai, including the first confirmed conference speakers, and co-located events, as well as new exhibitors, partners and sponsors.
Mobile World Congress Shanghai will take place June 27-29 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC).
“Across the show, attendees will have the opportunity to experience how mobile innovations are impacting their daily lives, now and into the future,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “Mobile World Congress Shanghai will showcase the latest and greatest in technology, from 5G to AR/VR to the Internet of Things and beyond.”
Held over three days in Hall N5 of the SNIEC, the Mobile World Congress Shanghai conference programme features four keynote sessions, as well as seven focused summits exploring topics including 5G, artificial intelligence, the latest developments in devices, the future of vehicles and the Internet of Things (IoT), among others.
The first confirmed keynote speakers for Mobile World Congress Shanghai include:
- Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman, Bharti Enterprises and Chairman, GSMA
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Yu Hu, Co-founder and Rotating President, IFlytek
- Aamir Ibrahim, Head of Emerging Market, VEON and CEO, Jazz
- Forrest Li, Chairman and CEO, SEA Group
- Xu Li, CEO, SenseTime
- David Lynn, President and CEO, Viacom International Media Networks
To learn more, check out the full media release here.