Ahead of the weekend, the GSMA provided further updates on the 2016 Mobile World Congress, which kicks off later this month.
The organization confirmed to MMW the robust list of keynote speakers, events and partner programmes.
Mobile World Congress will be held February 22-25 2016 at Fira Gran Via in Barcelona, with events also taking place at Fira Montjuïc.
“We have an outstanding conference programme, with leaders from across the ecosystem, as well as adjacent industry sectors, showcasing how mobile is transforming everyday life for billions of people around the world,” said Michael O’Hara. “Beyond the conference, Mobile World Congress attendees will have the opportunity to experience the impact of mobile through the exhibition, partner programmes, seminars and many other events and activities. We look forward to welcoming the mobile world to Barcelona.”
For now, the GSMA has announced more than a dozen additional keynote speakers for the 2016 conference programme.
Among the most highly anticipated keynote sessions is a presentation by Derek Aberle, President of Qualcomm Incorporated, who will be joined by guests from the MERCEDES AMG Petronas Formula One team, including three-time World Champion driver Lewis Hamilton, to discuss how wireless technology is transforming the future of consumer automotive through motorsport.
Additional recently confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman, Bharti Enterprises
- Shang Bing, Chairman, China Mobile
- Ahmad Abdulkarim Julfar, CEO, Etisalat Group
- Mark Zuckerberg, Founder and CEO, Facebook
- Mark Fields, President and CEO, Ford Motor Company
- William Ruh, SVP and Chief Digital Officer, GE and CEO, GE Digital
- Dawn Airey, CEO, Getty Images
- Brian Krzanich, CEO, Intel Corporation
- Ann Cairns, President, International Markets, MasterCard
- Denis Sverdlov, Founder and CEO, Roborace
- César Alierta, Executive Chairman and CEO, Telefónica
- Johan Dennelind, President and CEO, TeliaSonera
- Kaan Terzioğlu, CEO, Turkcell
- Professor Sir Konstantin Novoselov FRS, University of Manchester