In a blog post today on the official Google Mobile Blog, Matthew Izatt, Product Manager for Google, says the new app will make accessing your email more convenient than ever.
“We’ve combined your favorite features from the Gmail mobile web app and iOS into one app so you can be more productive on the go,” Izatt writes. “It’s designed to be fast, efficient and take full advantage of the touchscreen and notification capabilities of your device. And it’s one more reason to switch to Gmail.”
According to the features outlined so far, Google is obviously concerned with speed, as the folks behind Gmail admit that “We want to give you the information you need quickly, with minimal effort and distraction.”
Among the time-saving features advertised:
- Get alerted to new messages with push notifications and sounds
- Find an email in seconds with search across your entire inbox
- Autocomplete email addresses from your Gmail contacts or select from your device’s address book
- Upload photos with a click using the new attachment button in compose view
- On iPad, navigate your inbox and read your mail simultaneously with split view
To get the app, click here.