It’s no secret that most Millennials and Baby Boomers alike now have a smartphone attached to their hand or hip at all times.
It’s very rare to see a gaggle of teenagers, young adults, or even mature professionals (that’s code for “old folks at work”) without at least one smartphone between them.
The prevalence of mobile technology means that marketers need to be tuned in to this trend and prepared to make the most of it.
How can you do that, exactly? Here are five immediate and pressing considerations:
- Know your audience. Five years ago, the mobile audience might have been a pretty unified strata of society. Today, people from all demographics utilize this technology. Knowing who your audience is and the mobile tech they prefer will help you narrow down your audience here.
- Know how to reach that audience. Research when the best time of day to reach out to your audience is. Shoving content in someone’s face right when they are at their busiest is never a good plan.
- Know what kind of content to send. Once you know who will be viewing your content and when, you need to actually create that content. Think about the needs of your audience. What do they want to see? How can you use that to promote your business?
- Know whether or not to invest in an app. While a mobile optimized website can be great, an app can help push your business as well. Just remember. It needs to be useful, not just an advertisement.
- Know how to measure return on investment. ROI with mobile marketing is hard to pin down right now. There are some effective trackers out there, so find that one that works the best for your needs and keep tabs on your marketing.