Digital Ad Spending Continues to Climb as 2013 Winds Down

eMarketer’s newest report, “The US Computing Products and Consumer Electronics Industry 2013: Digital Ad Spending Forecast and Key Trends,” projects a strong finish to the year when it comes to digital ad spending. According to the numbers published, digital advertising spending by the US computing products and consumer electronics industry reached $2.83 billion in 2012. …   Read More

1343 0
1343 0

Digital Ad Spending Continues to Climb as 2013 Winds DowneMarketer’s newest report, “The US Computing Products and Consumer Electronics Industry 2013: Digital Ad Spending Forecast and Key Trends,” projects a strong finish to the year when it comes to digital ad spending.

According to the numbers published, digital advertising spending by the US computing products and consumer electronics industry reached $2.83 billion in 2012.

Although that figure is expected to balloon to $4.66 billion by 2017, that doesn’t mean 2013’s results will be any less impressive.

“eMarketer estimates that marketers in the computing products and consumer electronics industry will invest 57% of their paid digital dollars in direct-response formats this year,” the report reads. “Branding-focused efforts will make up the remaining 43%.”

For the full year, eMarketer estimates that $3.21 billion will be directed toward digital ad spending in this sector.

In this article