On Monday, AT&T made yet another overture toward the small business community with it’s latest cloud-based effort.
Recognizing that small business owners need a highly secure, affordable way to manage wireless devices, AT&T has expanded its cloud-based Mobile Device Management (MDM) offering with solutions for small businesses with a robust list of features previously available only to larger enterprise customers.
The growth of smartphone and tablet usage has enabled small businesses to thrive, says AT&T, but it has also challenged business owners to make sure that these gadgets work safely and reliably on the company network.
That’s where AT&T comes in.
AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions, available for small businesses with as few as 20 employees, offer:
- Lost device detection, including password recovery, device lock, wipe, and encryption
- Remote configuration of email, Wi-Fi, and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Asset management features that enable business owners to keep track of company-owned devices
- App distribution capabilities that allow business owners to push mission-critical apps to their employees
- App whitelist/blacklist capabilities help control how company-owned smartphones are used
“Small businesses often lack the IT resources to maintain control over dozens of different smartphones and tablets, stretching their time and budget to the limit. That’s where AT&T MDM solutions can help, freeing small business owners to concentrate on doing what they do best – running their companies,” says Chris Hill, Vice President of Advanced Mobility Solutions at AT&T Business and Home Solutions.