With only a matter of days to go before 2012 arrives, Apple is taking a familiar stroll down digital memory lane.
Last night, Apple updated iTunes to highlight the 2011 edition of iTunes Rewind, which gives the company an opportunity to shine one last moment of glory upon the best music, movies, TV shows, mobile apps, books, and more from the last twelve months.
Among the big winners according to Apple:
- iPhone App of the Year: Instagram
- iPhone Game of the Year: Tiny Tower
- iPad App of the Year: Snapseed
- iPad Game of the Year: Dead Space for iPad
- Song of the Year: Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People
- Artist of the Year: Adele
- Album of the Year: Wasting Light by Foo Fighters
- Best Novel: The Tiger’s Wife by Téa Obeht
- Best Nonfiction: Boomerang by Michael Lewis
To see the full list of Apple’s spotlight honorees, click here.