Apple’s iPad 3 Just Weeks Away, Claims Japanese Source

The third-generation Apple iPad is, without question, the most eagerly anticipated gadget in the tech world today. And judging by the report Wednesday from Japanese Mac news website Macotakara, the wait is almost over.

According to a trusted Chinese source speaking with the publication, production has already commenced on the iPad 3 as manufacturers in Asia scramble to have the first batch of refreshed tablets ready to roll out by early March, when they are expected to begin shipping to consumers and Apple’s increasingly expansive list of retail partners.

“This first lot production implements LCD’s, which are produced by Sharp Electronics Corporation, and aims to be shipped at early March,” the report reads.

The prominent Japanese Mac news website reveals that Foxconn has reportedly assumed 85% of the production load for the iPad 3, with Pegatron handling the remaining 15%.

In addition to the Makotakara report, supply chain insiders and Wall Street analysts almost universally agree that the third-generation iPad will debut within the next ten weeks, if not sooner.