Two months ago, when Apple last updated its iOS mobile operating system, iOS 5.1 bestowed Japanese language support for Siri and lock screen access to the iPhone’s native Camera app.
This time around, the new iOS update is less exciting, although it comes as a much needed repair for some bugs and other glitches plaguing the iDevice line.
On Monday, Apple released iOS 5.1.1, which:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
Known as Build 9B206, iOS 5.1.1, is available for the:
- The iPad (all three generations)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod touch: fourth and third-generation