At this moment, Apple CEO Tim Cook is on stage at San Francisco’s Moscone Center, delivering the opening keynote for the 24th annual WWDC.
Apple’s annual conference for iOS and Mac OS X developers began with a number of interesting revelations about Apple and how much the company has grown over the last twelve months.
Among the details shared by Cook are:
- Apple has over six million registered developers with 1.5 million of those added in the last year alone
- WWDC 2013 sold out in 71 seconds
- 1 million people visited Apple retail stores every day in 2012
- There are now 407 Apple retail stores in 14 countries
- 900,000 apps in the App Store today
- 90 percent of these apps are downloaded each month
- 375,000 iPad-designed apps
- 575,000,000 user accounts
- Apple has paid developers $10 billion to date
- 50 billion iOS app downloads
Stay with MMW today for complete coverage of WWDC 2013.