Mobile marketing company Vibes has released its 2016 Mobile Consumer Report, which contains valuable insights for mobile marketers.
The report “examines consumer perceptions and opinions about mobile marketing and advertising programs,” according to a provided report summary. “Results of the study show that consumers actively seek out certain types of campaigns if they directly or immediately benefit them. The report highlights the opportunity for retailers and brands to use mobile coupon, loyalty, and messaging programs to drive million-dollar ROI and enhance consumer brand perceptions.”
Vibes’ report reveals a powerful consumer shift towards regularly using mobile wallets like Apple Wallet and Android Pay, spurred by ongoing investments in mobile wallet technology by Apple and Google.
Vibes also discovered that coupons and loyalty are top motivators for consumers connecting on mobile.
Other notable takeaways?
- About a third (32 percent) of smartphone users currently use a mobile wallet like Apple Wallet and Android Pay.
- Over nine in 10 (94 percent) mobile wallet users are likely to save personalized mobile wallet offers and coupons.
- Approximately eight in 10 (82 percent) smartphone users report that digital coupons are convenient compared to printing them
- A majority of consumers (59 percent) say their opinion of a retailer would become more positive if they started to receive coupons and offers save-able on their smartphones.
- Two-thirds of respondents (66 percent) would have a more positive opinion of a loyalty program if the program allowed them to store and access their information on their smartphone in a mobile wallet app.
“Almost six in ten respondents (59 percent) want to receive text alerts (SMS / MMS) with updates on their orders from retailers and brands,” noted the summary. “Seventy-seven percent of smartphone users say receiving surprise points or rewards, exclusive content, and special birthday or anniversary mobile messages would have a positive impact on their brand loyalty.”
Vibes’ 2016 Mobile Consumer Report was based on recently analyzed consumer data from more than 1,000 consumers.
“The popularity of coupons and loyalty programs remains very strong, but the most effective delivery mechanisms for these marketing tactics has changed with the growth in mobile,” said Jack Philbin, co-founder and CEO of Vibes. “This consumer data highlights the tremendous opportunity for marketers to immediately start delivering their branded content into Apple Wallet and Android Pay. It’s a win-win. Not only do consumers enjoy the convenience these mobile wallets provide, but the ability to personalize and update coupons and loyalty programs helps marketers increase their programs’ effectiveness as well.”