Each month, Velti strives to deliver some powerful insight into the mobile world, covering the latest trends and happenings in the mobile advertising market. Today, the second edition of the new monthly Mobile Advertising report from Velti rolled out. And the findings are as interesting as always.
Highlighting the month of March, Velti’s data reflects key metrics such as iOS vs. Android market share, New iPad impression volume and eCPMs based on ad units.
Among the highlights of the report:
- By the end of Q1, iOS gained a lead over Android with 53% of impression volume in March
- In the first month after launch, the New iPad captured 2.2% of all iPad impression volume–higher than the iPad 2′s first month (1.5%)
- Apple dominated with over 50% of impressions volume; Samsung in distant 2nd at 15%
- Weather apps take top spot at an average eCPM of $1.24 in March
- iOS commands higher eCPMS across the board, almost 2X higher than Android
To check out the new report in greater depth and detail, click here.