Twitter is once again busy touting the success of Periscope, a hot new app that enables users to broadcast live video.
Ahead of the weekend, the microblogging giant confirmed the app’s first significant update, which removes a host of early bugs that have impacted the performance of Periscope since its launch.
“We’re completely blown away by the reception Periscope has had,” a message included with the update announcement reads. “You’ve inspired us to keep building and improving. Thank you so much.”
So what’s new to Version 1.0.1?
- Major performance improvements – (watching broadcasts with tons of users was.. well, slow, sometimes)
- We improved the ordering for LIVE broadcasts; if people you follow are live, they’ll be at the top
- Fixed lots of issues where Chat wasn’t working (especially when kajillions of people are watching)
- We zoomed out the map showing broadcaster’s location
- Clarified the error message that some users received when trying to Tweet their broadcast. If you see this error, you should check your iPhone settings -> Twitter to make sure your Twitter account is properly logged in.
- Lots of crash fixes and video streaming improvements
To get Periscope for iOS 7.1 or later, click here.