Millennial Media has published some interesting new data gleaned from its platform dating back to last month in Austin, Texas during the 10-day SXSW entertainment, tech, and music festival.
The industry leading ad network also released a corresponding infographic revealing how people used their mobile devices during the festivities.
Among the highlights of the SXSW & Mobile report are:
- Overall mobile traffic in Austin was 50 percent higher during live shows.
- Impressions in entertainment content were 113 percent higher during live shows.
- Impressions in social content were 116 percent higher during live shows.
- 78 percent of mobile impressions in Austin were on smartphones, while 22 percent were on tablets. Overall impressions on both spiked between 11pm and 1am.
- The top audiences (ranked by number of impressions) were “Entertainment & Music Fans,” “Social Influencers,” and “Gadget Geeks.”
- Impressions for Entertainment and Music Fans and Social Influencers were both over 90 percent higher during live shows.
To learn more, check out the infographic below.