Once on the cutting edge of cable television programming, today MTV is on the cutting edge of mobile with yet another app release that changes the way users experience live concerts from start to finish.
On Wednesday, MTV released a new location-based concert finder app in partnership with SuperGlued called Live and Local. The app is free for iOS and Android users.
According to MTV, Live and Local is sponsored by Vitamin Water and enables people to find local concerts for the music its users are most passionate about. What’s more, the app lets them schedule, purchase and share those experiences with their social networks.
Other details of the MTV Live and Local app include:
- Find: Local shows from virtually every artist — Indie to Top 40.
- Recommend: This feature scrubs users’ iTunes playlists to create customized recommendations.
- Buy: Find lowest-priced tickets from a variety of vendors; users can purchase tickets through the app
- Calendar: See all local shows on a calendar and create your own to map out the events you’ll be attending,
- Maps: Get directions and venue info before you attend a show.
- Social: Pre-show, share in-app with your Facebook and Twitter networks and automatically see who else is attending.