On Monday, MMW was briefed by the GSMA on the freshly confirmed first wave speakers for its Mobile 360 Series – Middle East conference.
The conference kicks off in Dubai on October 17th.
The mobile industry-focused event, which is now in its fourth year, brings together representatives from the region’s largest operators and technology companies to debate the key opportunities and challenges facing the industry in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), even organizers says.
As for the first speakers confirmed for the event, they include:
- Osman Sultan, CEO, Du
- Hatem Dowidar, CEO International Operations, Etisalat
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Lin Yanqing, VP Marketing, Huawei Middle East
- David Irvine, CTO, icflix
- Anthony Nicalo, VP, Platform, Mobify
- Mohsen Malaki, MD & Partner, Synergy Consulting
- Ricardo Tavares, CEO, Techpolis
- Raffaele Annecchino, President & MD, Southern & Western Europe, Middle East & Africa, Viacom
“The Middle East and North Africa is an incredibly diverse region, with varying levels of mobile market maturity, but it is clear that investment in mobile networks is having a transformative effect in many countries, reflected by growth in subscribers and the increased adoption of smartphones and new mobile services, as well as a rise in the number of innovative start-ups,” says Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer at GSMA. “We look forward to welcoming delegates to this year’s show to discuss how truly innovative mobile-connected products and services are positively changing the lives of millions of people from across the region.”