According to an announcement from Facebook Tuesday, game developers on the social networking platform generated $2.8 billion in 2012.
Facebook touted a number of interesting facts at the Game Developers Conference today.
Among the most interesting revelations:
- More than 250 million users play games on Facebook every month
- 20 percent of the social network’s daily visitors now actively play games
- More than 100 game makers generated in excess of $1 million last year
- Game installs have climbed 75 percent since March 2012
- Approximately 200 games on Facebook now have more than 1 million monthly active users
- 55 percent of the top 400 iOS apps are integrated with Facebook as of February 2013
All told, Facebook confirmed that year-over-year growth of the total number of Facebook gamers has increased 24%.
Facebook says it will continue working to make the platform as friendly and inviting as possible to dedicated gamers.
“Anywhere in the games business we are investing heavily,” Facebook’s Sean Ryan stated at the Game Developers Conference this morning in San Francisco, California.