On Monday, Bloomberg Businessweek announced the developing lineup of speakers for Bloomberg Businessweek Design 2016, its fourth annual design conference.
The event is set for Monday, April 11, 2016, at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, California.
According to details shared with MMW, the day-long event will bring together the world’s top designers and business leaders to explore how design makes the world better, smarter, cooler, and more innovative.
Bloomberg Businessweek Design highlights the intersection of design, technology and business, and draws attendees from every industry that relies on design to help clients and consumers reimagine how we experience the world —app development, ecommerce, graphic design, data visualization, genomics, art, architecture, fashion, cuisine, urban planning and more.
So far, the presenters confirmed for Bloomberg Businessweek Design 2016 include:
- VICKI DOBBS BECK Executive in Charge, ILMxLAB @ILMVFX
- YVES BÉHAR Founder, fuseproject and CCO, Jawbone @yvesbehar
- IDA C. BENEDETTO Co-founder, Sextantworks @idamantium
- NEAL BENEZRA Director, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art @SFMOMA
- JANINE BENYUS Co-founder, Biomimicry 3.8 @JanineBenyus
- BAIJU BHATT Co-founder, Robinhood @bprafulkumar
- STEPHEN BURKS Principal/ Creative Director, Stephen Burks Man Made
- STEWART BUTTERFIELD Co-founder and CEO, Slack and Co-founder, Flickr @stewart
- JANE CHEN Co-founder and CEO, Embrace @embracewarmer
- JAMES CORNER, Founder and Director, James Corner Field Operations @fieldoperations
- DOMINIQUE CRENN Chef and Co-owner, Atelier Crenn @dominiquecrenn
- CRAIG DYKERS Founding Partner and Executive Director, Snøhetta @snohetta
- MARIA GIUDICE Vice President, Autodesk @mgiudice
- ROSANNE HAGGERTY President and CEO, Community Solutions @cmtysolutions
- GEORGE HOTZ Founder, Comma.ai
- DANIEL LIBESKIND Principal Design Architect, Studio Libeskind @DanielLibeskind
- HELEN MARRIAGE Co-founder and Artistic Director, Artichoke @artichoketrust
- MICHAEL ROCK Founding Partner and Creative Director, 2×4 @2×4
- BRAD SEWELL Founder, Campaign @campaign_living
- OSKAR SMOLOKOWSKI CEO, Impossible Project @Impossible_HQ
- PAUL TAZEWELL Costume designer @paulgtazewell
- KEN WONG Lead Designer, ustwo @kenwongart
“Design is central to business,” said Ellen Pollock, editor of Bloomberg Businessweek, who will emcee the conference. “Designers are consummate problem-solvers, devising elegant, often profitable, solutions, which makes them business people’s natural allies. At Bloomberg Businessweek Design some of the world’s best designers and most forward-thinking business executives can learn from one another how to create beauty, efficiency and value.”